Monday, March 16, 2009

3-16-09 Introducing A New Blog


Two women that I had the privilege to work with when I was in Nepal and involved in some sustainable agriculture projects there a few years ago. The Mushar woman in the top photo is planting rice near Rampur. Laljahri Mahji is the woman in the bottom photo and she was a participant in a conference I facilitated in Chitwan.

The very last thing for this entry is that I’ve been putting a huge amount of time into a new blog titled: "The Women of Nepal" about a trip I took to Nepal a few years ago to work on a sustainable agriculture project. I was sidetracked by the people I was working with and had an amazing experience exploring the concept of sustainability in myriad forms. I ended up exploring the change process itself"; looking closely at how we actually create change. The area of change I was interested in the most in Nepal, as a social worker, was the idea of sustainability along side the reality of poverty and helping communities (and individuals) extricate themselves from the culture of poverty and the forces that keep them stuck in it, and through that process become more resilient and sustainable. The blog is still a work-in-progress but if you have a chance take a look at it and tell me what you think. The link is at the top right of this page.

No comments: